As announced in Google Social Web Blog, this shortener URL service gets a website. That means you can open it and shortens your URLs like TinyURL or Bit.ly. The new domain will provide you some key features as below:
- Stability: We’ve had near 100% uptime since our initial launch, and we’ve worked behind the scenes to make goo.gl even stabler and more robust.
- Security: We’ve added automatic spam detection based on the same type of filtering technology we use in Gmail.
- Speed: We’ve more than doubled our speed in just over nine months.
No need to say, Google’s services are always reliable and stable and you can confidently use them without any hesitation. The new domain looks very like Google: http://goo.gl/. The length is equal to bit.ly and this seems to be a strong competitor for bit.ly and TinyURL. However, bit.ly has its own advantages that goo.gl can not provide you now:
- No options for adding Twitter accounts
- No API for integration into other applications
- Unable reconize same URL, bit.ly does this very well
- Much more