The intended purpose of JuliaPortfolio whas to allow me to showcase my few items that I wanted to put in my portfolio. I searched the JED and, even though a lot of extensions out there are very nice, none of them would fit my needs. I just needed an uncomplicated way to put some pictures, some text and a link on my page.
What JuliaPortfolio offers you now is a nice set of features:
- automatic image resize on upload, via GD library
- parameters to manage most important aspects of your portfolio, like image size, number of columns
- recently added SEF urls to allow better crawling of your portfolio
- links with "no-ref" attribute set up to prevent loosing of page rank
- layouts for both single items and entire portfolio
Easy to install via the core Joomla installer, doesn't load Mootools if already loaded by the template and easy styling with Css.
Install and start adding items!
Version 1.2 change log
-Added parameter to re-size the big image too, not only the thumbnail
-Solved bug that caused the need to configure the component before correct re-size of the images
-Fixed bug for images with capital letters in extension and for those containing "_thumb" in the name
Written by JoomPlaza Team.